I have started at least four different posts today, but none of them were coming together in a way that I was happy with, and I have no more time to write today. So I’m resorting to a 10 Things Right Now list, an idea Mandy Robeck shared from Ali Edwards way back in October, 2013. Many Slicers used this format last year, and I’ve seen more this year. It’s a tried-and-true option for a busy day.
10 Things on Thursday
- The sky is a brilliant shade of blue this afternoon.
- I crossed three items off my to-do list at work today.
- One of my students made some terrific inferences today, which is typically a real challenge for him.
- We have leftover corned beef, so I don’t have to cook supper.
- The new issue of The Horn Book arrived today and I can’t wait to read about all the wonderful new books coming out in the next few months.
- I’m still processing all I learned at the conference I went to last weekend.
- This morning my husband asked me what movie I wanted to see this weekend. Any suggestions?
- I MUST do some laundry tonight.
- My critique group meets on Sunday, and I have new chapters and picture revisions in my mailbox that I’m looking forward to reading.
- Tomorrow is the first day of spring!
Thank you to Stacey, Tara, Dana, Betsy, Anna, and Beth for this space for teachers and others to share their stories each day during the month of March and on Tuesdays throughout the year. Be sure to visit Two Writing Teachers to read more Slice of Life posts.
12 thoughts on “Slice of Life: Ten Things on Thursday”
What a diverse and rich list of accomplishments and life events.
This is a good idea for those days when writing is hard. I am having more and more of these. 31 days is a long time!
Hmmm…we love this idea of a list! We had a few issues with SOL writer’s block this week, and we will keep this in mind for next week. Love the diversity of this list! And, it just occurred to me that I haven’t watched TV since SOL started, so I had no ideas what movies were even out right now. After looking it up, I would love to see Insurgent, since I read the series.
What a fabulous list! (Except for the laundry!) I will have to remember the 10 things idea for days when I too just can’t get my thoughts to come together.
I’ve been so busy today that I actually forgot that tomorrow is the first day of spring! Thank you for the reminder.
Personally, I love offering this strategy to kids who say they have nothing to say or who are frustrated with their own progress. Left overs – yes – there is nothing like a good pot of leftover anything in my book!
Love your list! It gives me so many questions about your life at present. Tell us more about the conference, the critique group and your book!
BTW – Saturday Reunion?
Yes! Will you be there? I can’t wait to see Patricia Polacco!
LikeLiked by 1 person
List writing is so freeing! I loved all the reds that I saw this morning on the sky! I wish I could have stopped the car at the top of the hill and been able to take a picture! I am going to see the Second Best Exotic Mariold Hotel tomorrow!
A lovely round up, Catherine! We had blue skies, too – which took a bit of the edge off of the news that we were getting snow tomorrow. Sigh.
Sounds like a nice day and coming weekend, Catherine. I’m so busy with prepping then having conferences that I forgot tomorrow was the first day of spring. Hurrah! Thanks for reminding about the list idea.
Lists are popular today. They are fun to read and write. The movie I was going to suggest, Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, has already been mention. My sister and I have been trying to get there.The last movie we went to was McFarland, which we both liked.